Someone's turning 30!

Thank God it's not me.  Not until March anyway.

My husband is turning the big 3-0 the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  He's not too excited about it.  He's more excited about something else that's happening that day...

The UofM vs. Ohio State game.

He's a huge Michigan fan.  Don't believe me?  This is our house:


Yes, our house is "maize and blue."  Not technically those colors, but close enough.  The door and shutters almost look black in this photo, but they are definitely blue.  All we have to do is tell people we're the Michigian house, and they immediately know which one.  I actually think the color combo is rather charming. 

Since the biggest game of the year is on his birthday, I suggested throwing a small get-together for our family and his close friends.  He agreed to that.  I don't think he would have let me give him a party otherwise.

Now, you know how I like designing invitations.  I couldn't let this important birthday slip by without coming up with something special.  And I think I did!


I really think they turned out pretty great.  Well, the second version turned out great.  I kind of forgot to include the date of Ryan's birthday/the game on the invitations that were mailed out.  Oops.  I figured that everyone who was invited knows and loves Ryan, so they would know the date without me having to tell them.  Right?  Wishful thinking? 

We've had a few RSVPs so far, so I'm pretty sure our guests figured it out.  They're smart people.  :)

2 comments:

Just Jay said...

Do you need us to bring anything?

Brooke said...

Just yourselves! Thanks for asking though. :)

Post a Comment