Feeling human again

I have been out of commission the last couple days with a headache/migraine from you know where!  It was pretty bad.  Thankfully, it started during the middle of our UofM/State party and not before...I was still able to make the Michigan sugar cookies I had been planning on!  I know I've posted the sugar cookie recipe before, but I'll post it again.  Check back in a couple weeks for more sugar cookies that I'm making for my cousin's baby shower.  They're going to be super cute!


The Best Rolled Sugar Cookies



















Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
  • 2 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
Directions:
  1. 1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.  Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
  2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. (When rolling sugar cookie dough, I use confectioner's sugar instead of flour to dust my rolling pin and rolling surface.) Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies one inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven.  Remove from cookie sheet after about 2 minutes and cool completely.

Everyone really seems to love these cookies.  We were left with only three after we made goodie bags for our guests to take home.  I love it when people like my baked goods!  :)
 
My next baking adventure (either before or after the baby shower) is to make something with pumpkin.  There's this pumpkin, white chocolate chip cookie I've had my eye on...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Cute! I love them since I am a UofM fan! And....you should make those pumpkin cookies! They are very yummy!

*Kim* said...

If you like butterscotch, I have a great recipe for pumpkin butterscotch cookies. Super yummy!

Post a Comment