You are invited...

to a tea party! 

It's official.  The guest of honor has received her invite in the mail, so let the posting commence!




Now, I can't take full credit for the design. While searching Google Images for "tea party invitations," I stumbled upon an invite that got my creative juices flowing. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find that site again.


To make the invites, I used my trusty Paint Shop Pro (since I don't have Photoshop), Google Images (to search for the lavender clip art), leftover envelopes from our wedding, and cardstock that I picked up at JoAnn Fabrics.  Gotta love those 40% off coupons!

I printed two invites per 8.5" x 11" page, used my paper cutter and an exacto knife to cut them out, and my bone folder to help create crisp folds.  The final invite dimensions before folding was 3" x 10". 

To attach the tea bag, I used my new favorite gadget, the Tiny Attacher by Tim Holtz.  I then used my exacto knife to almost completly cut out the square under the flap like a real tea bag would be.

I didn't think I'd ever love an invitation that I made myself more than our wedding invites, but this one comes in at a very close second place!

Here's one final look at all the parts of the invite...with all personal information removed of course!  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment