One of Three

Yes, you read that right.  This will be the first post of three! 

Saturday was Kitchenpalooza.  I started out making banana bread to pass out for Mother's Day on Sunday.  That post will come later.  I then decided to make meatloaf for dinner.  That recipe will be featured in this post.  The third post will be for lemon meringue pie.  My mom asked if I was going to make her something special for Mother's Day, so how could I say no?


Meatloaf
Recipe courtesy of my mother  :)


Ingredients:
  • 1lb ground beef  (I used extra lean)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup diced onion or 1/2 pkg of onion soup mix  (I use Lipton)
  • 1 egg
Directions:
  1. Mix everything together well.  You can either use your hands or a stand mixer. 
  2. Form the meat mixture in a ball on a pie plate and smush it down.  (You can also put it in a loaf pan.) 
  3. Bake for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven.

I know I've posted this recipe before, but I didn't post any photos with it.  So, now you have photos!  :)  Ryan and I usually pair our meatloaf with mashed potatoes, some other sort of vegetable, and ketchup (of course!).  We aren't fancy, and we like it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment