Two of Three

One of my favorite things to give out as edible gifts is quick bread.  I have three that I usually make - banana nut, apple, and pumpkin.  Pumpkin bread has already been posted before, so today it's banana bread's turn.

My mom received this recipe from a co-worker years ago.  Her bread was truly the best, but I think I make a pretty good version!  I call it...


Mrs. Harper's Banana Bread


Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 Tbl oil
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
  • 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium sized)
Directions:
  1. Preheat even to 350 degrees F.  Grease and flour (or spray) 9 x 5 x 3 inch pan or two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pans.  Measure all ingredients into a large mixer bowl and beat on medium speed 1/2 minute, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl constantly.
  2. Pour into pan(s).  Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Let cool on rack for 15 minutes, then remove and let cool completely before slicing.

I don't have any photos of the bread sliced since they were gifts.  They were pretty gifts too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment