Burger Queen?

So I'm not really a burger queen.  I'm not even the queen of the grill.  Ryan would be the king of that domain.  I cover the kitchen, but he gets the grill.  :)

Tonight for dinner we finished off the burgers we had leftover from this weekend's BBQ with our friends.  I was going to make a salad to with our meal, but the lettuce I purchase on Friday was NASTY!  Seriously...I've never had lettuce go bad that quickly before.  Looks like I don't know how to pick a good head of lettuce.  Our side with dinner consisted only of pickles.  I have a feeling we'll be getting something later when we go to Pint Night at Baileys'.  :)

Without further ado...


Grilled Hamburgers

Ingredients:
  • 1lb ground meat (I use ground sirloin or lean beef)
  • 1-2 Tbls Mrs. Dash® Hamburger Grilling Blend™ seasoning

Directions:
  1. Mix 1-2 Tbls of the Mrs. Dash seasoning in with your ground beef.  The Mrs. Dash bottle calls for 2 Tbls per 1lb of beef, but we think that is too much.  I used a little less than 1 Tbls this last time, and thought it was the perfect amount.  I also use my Kitchenaid mixer to mix the meat.  It's just so much easier than using your hands.  Your hands can do the job just fine though.
  2. Divide the meat mixture in fours.  Then just smush the meat together and flatten out into patties with your (clean) hands.  I heard a tip once that you should make an indent in the center of the patty.  I think it helps keep the burger flat while you grill it.  It's always worked great for me!
  3. Grill!  I don't know the specifics on the grilling part because I've never done it myself.  The amount of time will depend on how well you like your burgers done.  Don't forget to top it with cheese if you like cheese burgers!

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July holiday celebrating our country's independence!

2 comments:

Rhetta said...

Love the Kitchenaid idea. Do you use it for meatloaf as well? Which paddle/attachment do you use? If I don't have any of those thin plastic gloves on hand (excuse the pun), I might just use the mixer. Live (long) and learn.

Brooke said...

Mrs. S - Yes, I use my Kitchenaid for meatloaf too! I just use the flat paddle; the same one I use when making cookies. It really makes things easier and less messy. Ryan thinks I'm going to burn out the motor because I use it so much. :)

Post a Comment