You Say Goodbye and I Say Hello

I always think of that Beatles' song when the Miss Wayne County Pageant comes around.  We say goodbye to last year's titleholder and hello to this year's.



The pageant was last night, and we crowned Sarah Suydam, a Wayne State University student from St. Clair Shores.  Goodbye, Anjel Francisco.  We loved having you as our Miss Wayne County.  Best of luck to you in California.  Hello, Sarah.  We're so happy to have you join our pageant family.  It's going to be another good year!

Now that the pageant is over, Swiss steak is cooking in my slow cooker for dinner, and brownies are made for dessert, I have a moment to post that pasta salad recipe I promised about a week ago.  I got this recipe from the Miss Wayne County Executive Director, so it seems fitting that it's in this post.  We both are pretty simple eaters and love us some fat-free Italian salad dressing.  :)  Without further ado...


Sheila's Pasta Salad


Ingredients:
  • 1 16 oz. box of pasta (I used tri-color rotini)
  • dash Kosher salt, if desired
  • 1 can of Italian style diced tomatoes
  • 1 large cucumber, cut into chunks
  • 1/2-3/4 bottle of Italian dressing
  • dash garlic powder or garlic salt
  • dash dried parsley
Directions:
  1. Cook pasta as directed on box. Add kosher salt to water, if desired.
  2. Mix can of tomatoes with pasta. Add cucumbers. Refrigerate.
  3. Add italian dressing. Add garlic salt and parsley to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
  4. Top with dried parsley for presentation.
It's so easy to make, and so tasty!

This Saturday is the tea party/personal shower I'm throwing for my friend Jessica.  I will have lots of tea party-like food recipes to post next week.  Please check back for those and some photos from the party!

0 comments:

Post a Comment