Last, but not least.

Here is the recipe for the last menu item I didn't purchase for Jessica's tea party.  :)

I first had this dill wrapped cream cheese crescent roll at the Miss America party I threw two years ago.  (I didn't have one last year because we were in Vegas for Miss America!)  My friend, Maria, brought it and everyone seemed to love it.  I thought it would be a nice "hot" option to include at the tea party.


Dill Wrapped Cream Cheese Crescent Roll
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com and my friend Maria  :)
 
Photo courtesy of Healthy Obsessions of a Girly Tomboy
Ingredients:
  • 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent roll dough
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 1 tsp dried dill weed
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
  2. Unroll dough on lightly floured surface and press seams together. Sprinkle one side of block of cream cheese with enough dill to cover. Place cream cheese, dill side down, in center of dough. Sprinkle with more dill to cover. Bring sides of dough up around cheese block and seal to completely enclose.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 15 minutes. Serve warm.

You will use more than 1 tsp of dried dill weed.  According to Maria, she just shakes some on until it seems right.  I used almost the entire small bottle.  I probably could have used the whole thing.  This also seemed to be a hit at the party.  My mom even asked for the recipe so she could make it at the Octoberfest party they have with thier neighbors.

This saturday I will be working on some more iced sugar cookies for another bridal shower.  This time I'm making tea cups.  Please check back next week to see how they turned out.  The colors I have been asked to use are yellow, red, and teal.  I think I have a few good ideas, but still need to do a little more brainstorming.

0 comments:

Post a Comment