It's Taco Time!



I made tacos for dinner on Sunday in order to use up the half can of diced tomatoes we had leftover from our meal on Friday.  We actually got two meals out of the tacos - we had them again tonight!


Taco Night

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef (or chicken or turkey)
  • 1 pkg taco seasoning (I used Meijer brand or whatever is on sale)
  • taco shells/tortillas/tortilla chips
  • diced tomatoes (or salsa)
  • shredded cheese (I used Meijer brand Mexican mix)
  • shredded lettuce
  • sour cream (Neither of us like sour cream, but I imagine someone out there does!)
Directions:
  1. Brown meat and drain the fat.  Follow directions on the taco seasoning package to prepare taco meat.
  2. Serve with all the trimmings!

I like to eat my tacos with soft tortilla shells, and Ryan likes to make a sort of taco salad with tortilla chips. 

It would be an understatement to say that this was a super simple meal.  The most time consuming part was probably browning the meat and shredding the lettuce. 

I won't be blogging as much in the upcoming days.  We are having pizza tomorrow, and I'm going out to dinner with some friends on Friday.  I may cook on Thursday, but it'll probably be something I've already blogged about like chicken alfredo or even something easier like grilled cheese.  I do plan on making mostacholi in the near future, so stay tuned for that!

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

Those look great, Brooke! I'm not sure if either of you like Guacamole, but Kroger sells a Guacamole packet (I recently discovered this and it's actually really good!). You just buy 2~3 ripe avacados and the packet and you're done!

Brooke said...

Thanks, Kristen! We actually don't like guacamole, but I'm sure it would taste great for those who do like it. :) We are very plain eaters. Thanks for the tip though.

Post a Comment