It Just Felt Like a Shish Kabob Kind of Day

Lately, I've been trying to be more diligent about not wasting food.  It's just the two of us usually, so we generally end up with leftovers that never get eaten.  I attempted to use an entire package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts for two meals this weekend - and I succeeded!  Friday we had Bruschetta Chicken Bake (I halfed the recipe), and Saturday night we had Chicken Kabobs. 

In keeping with the whole "not wasting food" thing, I'm saving the half can of diced tomatoes from Friday night for the tacos we're having tonight and the other half of the stuffing package for the next time we have the chicken bake.  I just wrote on the pouch what it is and put it in a Ziploc baggie.

I hadn't made shish kabobs in a loooooong time and didn't have any skewers on-hand.  When we went grocery shopping Friday night, I picked up a package of bamboo skewers and almost put them in our basket.  At the last second (yes it was literally the last second - my husband pushes the cart and doesn't like to dilly-dally at the grocery store), I spoted some beautiful metal skewers with wooden handles.  In the basket they went!
We normally just marinade our chicken in Italian dressing, but I wanted to try something different this time.  My sister-in-law used a McCormick Montreal Seasoning marinade on steak one time, and I loved it!  So when I saw Montreal Chicken Seasoning, I knew we'd have to try it. 

I just used the marinade recipe on the bottle of seasoning.  I did have to make a run to Kroger to pick up the white wine vinegar it calls for, but other than that, I had everything on hand to make the marinade.

  
Italian Herb Marinade
Coutesy of McCormick

  • MIX 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon Seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Italian Seasoning.
  • ADD 1 pound chicken; marinate 1 to 2 hours.
  • GRILL.

That's basically it!  I added cut up green and yellow peppers and some onion.  Next time we are going to grab a red pepper (we missed it somehow) and some mushrooms.  They were pretty tasty, but I think we might go back to the Italian dressing marinade next time for the kabobs and just use the McCormick marinade when we grill chicken by itself.

Stay tuned for Taco Night!

1 comments:

Just Jay said...

ooooh, that looks delicious! I can't wait till we can get our grill!

Post a Comment