Swiss Steak

Tonight we had Swiss Steak.  Even though it's one of the easiest meals I make, it tastes pretty darn good!  AND I finally remembered to take a photo!  Please feel free to virtually pat me on the back.  :)

I know I've already posted the recipe once, but what the heck...it's so easy, I'll post it again!


Swiss Steak
Recipe courtesy of my mother


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb cubed steak
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes
  • 1/4 can water
  • 1 small onion, sliced in rings
Directions:
  1. Brown the steaks in a pan and transfer to a slow cooker/crock pot.  
  2. Pour the can of stewed tomatoes over the steaks. 
  3. Add water, about a 1/4 of the tomato can. 
  4. Add onions to the top and let cook on high for 3 hours.  If you're putting this on while you're at work, put your cooker on low.

We paired our Swiss Steak with mashed potatoes and carrots.  Yes, I use instant potatoes and canned carrots.  We have no complaints here, and this takes even less time to make!


Tomorrow we're having mostacholi.  This is probably my favorite meal that I cook for us, and it's also super simple!  Do you sense a theme here??

2 comments:

Just Jay said...

Which store is closing?

Brooke said...

Gabriella's. I was so sad. My mom and I used to go there all the time when I was little.

Post a Comment