"Make Yourself a Dang Quesadilla!"

Bonus ponits if you know what movie the title is from.  :)

Tonight I made quesadillas for the second time in about a week.  The first time, my photo didn't turn out so well, so I waited to post until I had a better one.  Ryan and I really like these and have decided to put them into regular dinner rotation.  I also think they'll be a great quick meal when/if we ever have children or have our nephews over when they're older.


Quick and Easy Chicken Quesadillas

Ingredients:
  • 3-5 oz. can of chicken
  • 1/4 cup salsa
  • 4 8-inch flour tortillas
  • 1 cup finely shredded cheese (I used a Mexican mix)
  • Sour cream and extra salsa for serving (if desired)

Directions:
  1. Mix chicken and salsa in a small bowl.
  2. Layer two of the tortillas with 1/2 of the chicken mixture and 1/2 of the cheese.  Top each with the remaining two tortillas.
  3. Cook each quesadilla uncovered over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
  4. Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.
 

That's it!  I told you it was super simple!

Ryan actually prefers his with only chicken and cheese, so I made his and then mixed my portion of the chicken with the salsa.  I also found that I prefer to use less salsa than the recipe calls for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment