I'm back!

I'm back from my hiatus! 

I truly didn't mean to take a hiatus, but immediatly following Ryan's birthday party (actually sort of in the middle of the party), we started not feeling very well.  When I'm sick, I'm a baby.  I did nothing.  Literally nothing for a week.  I didn't even take photos at Ryan's birthday party.  I could tell the birthday boy wasn't feeling all that great and did NOT want a camera in his face.

The next week I was feeling better, so that meant catching up on all of the house stuff I let slide the week before.  Things like laundry and the dishes.  I filled the dishwasher, emptied it, and immediatly filled it again with the dishes sitting in our sink.  Yes, there were that many.

The first meal I made after not cooking for a week was...chicken fingers.  Yes, we've had them a lot since I first posted them.  What can I say?  We like kid food around here.  Heck, I sometimes even order off the kids' menu.  I had a waitress once ask me if I wanted my burger brought out in the car-shaped basket.  I told her a regular basket was just fine.

I did alter the breading a bit this time.  Ryan wasn't thrilled with the panko bread crumbs.  I happened to be out of them, so I found a packet of Shake N Bake and a bottle of Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning in the pantry and made up my own breading.  :)


Crunchy Chicken Fingers
- Part 2 -


Ingredients:

  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders
  • 1 packet of Shake N Bake for chicken
  • 1 Tbls of Italian seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)
  • 1 Tbls of parmesean cheese
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
  2. Lay a wire rack on a baking sheet and spray it with non-stick spray. In a separate bowl, mix Shake N Bake, seasoning, and cheese.  Dip the chicken tenders in the mix and coat thoroughly, then lay on the baking sheet.  Repeat with remaining chicken.
  3. Spray each chicken piece lightly with cooking spray (it will help them crisp) and bake for 12 minutes. Flip and bake for 12 more. Let cool.
Ryan liked these a lot better than the first version I made.  I liked them too, but prefer the first version.  I will probably rotate the two types. 

I did not attempt to make french fries again.  We had garlic bread instead.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment