On the 2nd day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...


♪ ♫ ...two craft projects ♫ ♪

The other day I started feeling like we needed more Christmas decorations.  The little table centerpiece in our dining area just wasn't cutting it.  Then, I saw this post over at My Happy House.  I had to try and recreate her chandelier Christmas bulb extravaganza!

Our chandelier isn't quite as substantial or conducive for lots of glass bulbs, but I did my best.  I bought two different sized packages of glass bulbs at Target in a beautiful cranberry color and strung them up with some ribbon purchased at Jo Ann Fabrics at 60% off.  Here's what I came up with:



It's not quite as expansive, but can't figure out where I'd fit anymore bulbs since our glass shades point downward.  Needless to say, I still wasn't entirely pleased with this area of our home.

There were some bulbs leftover and I had one very plain transom window, so I decided they needed to be used again in this area.  One Merry Christmas sign, nine 3M Command hooks, one broken bulb, and some string later, I had this:



Much better!

1 comments:

Just Jay said...

Pretty! I have to steal that idea . . .once we get better chandeliers!

Post a Comment