On the 7th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

♪ ♫ ...seven Christmas movies ♫ ♪
♪ ♫ six wish list items ♫ ♪
♪ ♫ four clear glass bulbs ♫ ♪
♪ ♫ three quick breads ♫ ♪
♪ ♫ two craft projects ♫ ♪


Some of you will probably cringe when you see my list.  There's no A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, Miracle on 34th Street, or White Christmas.  If I'm being honest, I've never even seen the latter two.  And I have no plans of ever doing so.  They just don't interest me.  Kind of like how I've never seen The Sound of Music.  Never.  Again, no desire.

I've mentioned many times, that I'm just an over-grown kid.  I think the following seven movies prove that point.  :)



7.  Christmas with the Kranks
I love me some Tim Allen.  I love that he's from Michigan.  I love hearing his voice on the Pure Michigan commercials.  Actually, I've been hearing his voice a lot lately.  I think it's on a Campbell's soup commercial that's out right now too.  Anyway...

This movie is an adaptation of the John Grisham book Skipping Christmas.  There are a few differences here and there, but I don't mind them.  Overall, I think they did a great job of turning the book into a movie.




6.  Just Friends
This is technically not a Christmas movie, but it centers around the Christmas holiday.  I remember laughing until I cried in the theater.  This is one movie I will watch any time that it's on TV, even though I own the DVD.




5.  Ernest Saves Christmas
My mother loves Ernest.  Loves him.  One year for Christmas, I tracked down all of his movies on DVD and bought them for her.  I don't know if she's ever watched them all, but they're there just in case she wants to. 

I remember going to see this movie in the theater.  There's one part in the movie where the new Santa Claus (before he becomes Santa) is filming a Christmas horror movie called Christmas Slay.  He's supposed to swear and say, "Son of a B....," but he can't bring himself to do it.  He just says, "Son of a..., son of a...," over and over again until the director yells, "Cut!"  Well, my parents used to always say, "Son of a gun!"  For years, I thought he was supposed to say "Son of a gun" and my parents had been swearing the whole time! 




4.  The Muppet Christmas Carol
It was hard to decide which clip to post.  I love this entire movie.  My cousins and I used to watch it every Christmas Eve, so I picked the clip where Kermit sings "There's Only One More Sleep 'Til Christmas."




3.  Love Actually
So this one isn't exactly a "Christmas movie" either, but it takes place at Christmastime.  I love how all the stories tie into each other.  I love Colin Firth...and Hugh Grant.  The casting for this movie was great, just great.  I think I need to go watch this one again, like now!




2.  Elf
Will Ferrell in an elf costume.  Is there anything else to say?  This movie was so close to being my favorite Christmas movie of all time.  It's so close.  Maybe because I think the four main elf food groups sound pretty awesome?

"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup."




1.  Home Alone
This is my all-time favorite Christmas movie.  I could probably recite it word-for-word.  I know that in real life, nothing like this could ever happen, but who cares?  Most movies are like that. 

How are those two crooks not dead yet??? 

Even the music is great in this movie.  John Williams has created some fantastic music that will forever be associated with Christmas.  Love it!



Did you notice the character who appears in the trailer who didn't make it into the actual movie?  I spotted it right away.  Then again, I think I've seen this  movie at least 100 times.  At least.

0 comments:

Post a Comment