On the 9th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...

♪ ♫ ...nine door knob hangers ♫ ♪
♪ ♫ eight dozen pretzels ♫ ♪
♪ ♫ seven Christmas movies ♫ ♪
♪ ♫ six wish list items ♫ ♪
♪ ♫ four clear glass bulbs ♫ ♪
♪ ♫ three quick breads ♫ ♪
♪ ♫ two craft projects ♫ ♪


Door knob hangers?  Yeah, I don't know what to call them either.

When Ryan and I were married two summers ago, I tried to think of everything.  I'm a super detail oriented person, and I didn't want to leave out any details.  AND I wanted to make everything special.  This included the pew decorations for the church.

I know a lot of people use pew bows and a lot of people don't use anything at all.  I knew I didn't want bows.  I wanted something different and something that I could use again. 

Our wedding had a underlying theme of "Sophisticated Polka Dots" (whatever that means), so I decided to use pomanders for the pew decorations.  Our wedding colors were black and white with small touches of red.  The only red in the entire wedding were my bouquet flowers and Ryan's boutonniere. 


I lied.  The sashes for our chairs were red.  Everyone else had white. 


There was a little red on the place cards and the M&Ms in our favors were red. That's it. I promise.


I didn't want anything else red.  Once I figured out what I wanted to do, I was on a mission to find white pomanders.  As luck would have it, I couldn't find any.  I did, however, find some great red pomanders at Jo Ann Fabrics for super cheap after Valentine's Day.  They were perfect to line the aisle, and I actually loved that they were red instead of white.  It seemed to tie in the red of our flowers.  I had to change the ribbon to black, but that was a small price to pay for these beauties.



 Here they are in action:


We were even able to immediately reuse them at the reception.  Here they are on the high-top bar tables:


But what to do with them after the wedding?  I knew I wanted to keep them.  I even had other brides ask me if I planned on selling them.  Sorry.  Not for sale.

Then I came up with this idea:


They make our doors look so pretty and Christmasy!  There's been a few casualties as the result of getting stuck in a closed door, but it's nothing a little hot glue can't fix.

I love that I found a way to reuse them.  I think about our wedding every time I see them.  And that makes me smile.


*All wedding photos are courtesy of the wonderfully talented Nicole Blair of Nicole Ladonne Photography.

0 comments:

Post a Comment